Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In His Presence

Today I finally made it out to the garden today after having been gone for a few days last week and then having a busy weekend.  Usually, I go out every morning after exercise and my Bible reading (and some coffee, of course) and one of our cats, Mittens, comes with me.  I don't know why he does it, but he comes trotting out after me, meowing excitedly.

I open the gate and we both enter the garden.  I start weeding, trellising, clipping, watering...and my cat spends a few minutes traipsing between my legs, meowing and making cute noises.  Then he wanders away.  He's not far away, mind you, just a couple of feet, but he just lays down in the mulch and watches.  Every once in a while he'll meow at me and I'll talk back to him, but mostly he just lays there.  If I leave, he follows, but as long as I'm in the garden, he's fine.

As I watched him laying contentedly between the rows, I realized that's a good picture of how to be with God. Follow Him, talk to Him, and then rest because He's RIGHT there.  Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment