Monday, June 18, 2012

Ungrateful

This is kind of a follow-up to the last post.  Yesterday, I refilled the hummingbird feeder.  I think the hummingbird was watching, because right after it came down, she was there.  Right after I put it back up, she zipped by my head and then took off again.  She didn't stop to drink, but buzzed me.

I thought, "what a brat!"  She's drinking the perfect nectar for her, she's done nothing to provide it, it's always refilled, and yet she makes sure to guard it and annoy the person that DOES continually refill this "fountain of life" for her.

Hmmm....can you see where this is going?  I am so blessed with everything I need and many things I want.  I start to assume these things are "mine" and I'm going to guard them.  If God takes them from me, I get mad, I shout, I pout....and then, oh, wait....FRESH blessings.  Yum!  And I start all over again.

I'm sure you can't relate at all, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment