Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Gardening with God

I've had a garden for about 10 years.  I've not always been successful, but I keep trying.  Part of what keeps me in the garden is the time.  Time alone, time with just one or two children, but mostly time with God.

God speaks to me in the garden and through nature.  Well, He speaks to me EVERYWHERE, but I am very cognizant of His voice as I dig in the dirt.  Perhaps it's because I'm usually focused on what I'm doing, otherwise I could really mess things up!

Of course, I am always convicted while I'm weeding.  That seems a pretty simple application.  Pull (repent of) the sin in your life (weeds) before they get too big and they're easier to completely destroy.  But there's more....pulling weeds is so much easier when your garden is well-watered.  It might be messier, but the weeds come right out.

That parallels my life.  When I have sin, it's so much easier to get rid of it - from the ROOTS - if I'm watered in God's truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment