Wednesday, April 18, 2012

God Speaks

I have many personality traits that I don't like.  (you, dear Reader, are NOT allowed to nod in assent!!)  I was thinking about one of them the other day and trying to re-frame it through God's view.


I have a tendency to assume that I am always right.  It doesn't help that I often am, but I get annoyed when people question my thoughts, words, actions, whatever, and don't just realize that I'm right!  I hate it when I tell someone how to do something and they ignore me for their way....which then doesn't work....and then they ASK ME FOR HELP!!!


I realized that this is a character trait of God....but He doesn't assume He's right.  He IS right.  I don't need to try it my way first, and then turn back to His way.  I just need to do it His way.  However, my personality trait is skewed by being part of this sinful world.  God does not hate it when I do it my way before deciding He's right and then ask for His help.  He loves that I have turned back to Him.  


I'm going to try to reconsider others' personality "quirks" in light of the idea that maybe, JUST maybe, they're damaged glimpses of God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment