Thursday, December 4, 2014

God's Not Dead!

My oldest got the movie, God's Not Dead, for his birthday and we finally got around to watching it last week.

If you haven't seen it, let me recap it a bit.  There's a pastor who keeps trying to get to Disney with a missionary friend from Africa, but things keep getting in the way, a Muslim-turned-Christian woman, as well as a couple of other characters, but the main characters are a philosophy professor and his student.

A lot of things happen in the movie, but at the end, one of the characters is dying and in that moment, I realized what this character as well as every other person on their deathbed realizes.

Your relationship with Christ is the only thing that matters.

Nothing else matters.

Not your family, your friends, your job, your bank account, your meals, your achievements, your education.  Nothing.  

I stress over so much.  And I KNOW that worry adds nothing to my life, yet I still do it.  I worry about what others think, how my kids will do in life, my hubby's job, our financial situation, but at the end, when I'm dying, the ONLY thing that will matter will be where I stand with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment