Friday, February 1, 2013

Birds at the Feeder

We've started feeding the birds.  I had found four little feeders that stick to the window at Dollar General last summer on clearance for $1.  Finally got them up right after the first of the year.  What fun!

We have seen goldfinches (and talked about winter and summer plumage), house finches, sparrows of all types, cardinals, blue jays, chickadees, tufted titmice, a downy woodpecker, and a silly red-bellied woodpecker that tried to sit on our little feeder on the window.  (He eventually gave up and went to the BIG feeder)

I sat and watched them the other day - right after hubby & I had taught a Sunday School class on how God takes care of us like He takes care of the birds.  The birds were so beautiful.  Even the "plain" ones, like the juncos.  And I thought about how God made each person beautiful - even if they're "plain".  None of the birds were wishing they were as pretty as a cardinal, or as big as the blue jay.  They just enjoyed the food (that they didn't have to go far to find), and brought praise to God as they went about their day.

My days seem ordinary and plain, but I can bring glory to God just by living.  The question then is, "do I?"

No comments:

Post a Comment